University Crest

[wlug-committee] Wiki layout fixes

wlug-committee archive index About the wlug-committee list Mailing lists home
To The University of Waikato HomepageWaikato Home > Waikato Mailing Lists > wlug-committee Info > wlug-committee archives
Matt Brown matt@m...
Mon Aug 8 09:14:17 NZST 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 08:53 +1200, Craig Box wrote:
> We now have the ability to float things right, but I think you
> still get borders; could someone possibly backport some markup from the
> new wiki, or have a hack at one of the table methods, so we can do some
> kind of two pane layout without ugly Netscape 1995 HTML borders?

I don't think it's worth anyone spending effort backporting things.
That's completely in opposite of the goal that we agreed to work towards
at the June meeting.

What we should be working on is merging our patches forward to head so
that we can be using the latest PHPwiki.

I've started this process, there is a canonical set of patches at that listed all the differences
between WLUG and PHPwiki CVS on the 25 June. It doesn't include things
we've added since then (like blame).

I've also put the wiki source into cvs at and we have a test vhost at so that we can try out the new wiki code without fear
of breaking the current wiki. isn't quite operational
yet as I need to setup the new DB for it and migrate content across.
It's a 30 minute job, but I've been distracted with LinuxNZ stuff for
the past week or two.

Matt Brown
Mob +64 275 611 544