University Crest

[wlug] wlug server status

John Billings john@n...
Sat Oct 3 14:53:20 NZDT 2009

To anyone using the WLUG server,

Hoiho the blade hosting the home directory for user accounts, has a
failing hard drive.   Please don't keep any important data here, and
if you do have something there now, this would be a good time to back
it up.   Today I was informed there is only about 600 MB of space left
there.  Most of the space is taken by some database backups, and I
don't really see the point in removing them, when no one should be
using this drive anyway.

We have a replacement blade for hoiho installed which has a larger
drive, but it's not plugged into the right port on the switch or
something.  Someone has to go to the datacenter to sort it out.
Hopefully this month we will get someone up there, but we can't
guarantee the drive won't fail before then.

Just an FYI we are having an AGM 23rd Nov., and we will be proposing
to add a sysadmin role in Rule 7 of the charter.  This person would
just be required to keep up with whats going on with the server,
coordinate things, and make sure people are abiding the AUP.

http://wlug.org.nz/WlugCharter
http://wlug.org.nz/HoihoAcceptableUsePolicy

Best,
John