University Crest

[wlug] Wiki usage

Matt Brown matt@m...
Wed Mar 3 11:32:19 NZDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:23 PM, John Billings <john@n...> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Some of us on the committee have talked about testing an upgrade of
> the wiki in our backup server (tarua.wlug.org.nz).   We have Lenny
> installed there now, (maybe we should upgrade to squeeze first since
> it will be stable theoretically soon) and would like to have a go at
> upgrading to a new stack, postgres 8.4/9, php5 ect...

Why? are there problems with the current setup?

> John M pointed me to the svn repo, but I just found this page:
>
> http://www.wlug.org.nz/WlugWikiPatches
>
> That was last edited about 4 years ago.   I wonder if we should check
> out the code from svn.wlug.org.nz or look at getting code from
> wherever phpwiki is at now, and look at adding back in any
> customizations?  Anyhow any advice is appreciated, btw if anyone else
> wants to help, please let the committee know.

PHPwiki hasn't changed much in the past 4 years. It's essentially
dead/in maintenance mode upstream.

We did put some effort into pushing our patches upstream, but given
that there isn't much activity there it wasn't a very worthwhile
effort.

So depending on what your aims are with this you may be disappointed.
You're unlikely to get any useful new features.

The svn repo is of course available and you're free to play ;)

Cheers

--
Matt Brown
matt@m...