off-topic but some of you probably know brad ...
HUGE FILM AUCTION SUPPORTS FILMMAKER
A terrific auction with one-off items donated from NZ film luminaries
(Peter Jackson, Sam Neill, Roger Donaldson, Vincent Ward, Ian Mune) -
as well as once-in-a-lifetime opportunities (A 20-year Film Festival
Free Pass) - kicks off a fundraiser to help raise medical funds for
Brad McGann, the award-winning director of the NZ box-office hit In My
Brad was recently diagnosed with cancer, his prescribed medication is
not publicly funded and his friends and peers are rallying around to
try and ease intense financial pressure at what is already a very
This is a call from his friends to all who work in the film and
television industries and movie lovers in general to come along, sip on
some 42BELOW cocktails, nibble the finest canapés in the land, bid like
crazy on some brilliant auction items and then sit back and watch one
of Brad's favourite films, Terrence Malick's mesmerising Badlands
(1973, starring Martin Sheen and Sissey Spacek).
Please come along and show your support.
Ticket price: $45
Venue: SKY CITY THEATRE
Date: Monday 5th December
Tickets can be purchased through TICKETEK CENTRES
Or buy clicking on the following link Bradlands Tickets
Includes: A Cocktail by 42BELOW and yummy canapés.
NB: If you are unable to attend the event but would like to make a
donation, you may transfer funds directly into the following account:
Brad McGann Trust
Dominion Law Trust Account, National Bank, Newmarket Branch
Account No. 060193 0228385 02
Or send a cheque to:
Brad McGann Trust
PO Box 7015, Wellesley Street
For more information and press liaison, contact Rebecca Russell 0211
700 792 or email rebecca66(a)slingshot.co.nz
AUCTION HOT LIST
NB: You must bring a cheque book and/or Photo ID to bid on items.
No cash/eftpos allowed.
* This is the big one folks! The Auckland Film Festival is offering an
exclusive festival pass valid for twenty years (that's not a typo -
that's 20 yrs!) of free film-going
* Two return airfares courtesy of Qantas, and two full passes to
attend all the films at the 2006 Melbourne International Film Festival
* Two tickets to the scorching hot premiere of King Kong in Wellywood
* Have the spooky Hollywood Cinema all to yourself and watch a sneak
preview of the terrifying new film The Descent - either alone (if you
dare) or with your friends and loved ones (includes popcorn and
* Get your 15 minutes of fame: a walk-on part as an extra on NZ's most
popular soap, Shortland St
* Enjoy a divine three-course dinner or lunch for four prepared in
your home by top Auckland chef Michael Meredith (The Grove restaurant).
The meal is to be accompanied by wines especially selected by The
Grove's owner Michael Dearth. The Grove is consistently rated as one of
the best and most exciting dining experiences in Auckland thanks to its
talented young chef - and you can have him in your kitchen.
* A colour pencil drawing by esteemed NZ artist Dame Louise Henderson
(1902-95). Originally from Paris, Henderson emigrated to New Zealand in
1925. She studied at the Canterbury School of Art, and her long career
included painting and exhibiting with Rita Angus and other Canterbury
artists of The Group (1930s). Her paintings and drawings are highly
collectable. This is a very special anonymous donation from a fellow
* A beautiful feather cloak as worn in the upcoming film River Queen -
starring Kiefer Sutherland and Samantha Morton - and donated by one of
NZ's most talented and original directors, Vincent Ward.
* Doyle's whiskey flask as used in Vincent Ward's River Queen by
Hollywood star Kiefer Sutherland. An antique whiskey flask - glass,
pewter and leather. Made in England by James Dixon & Sons. Donated by
* A case of wine from actor Sam Neill's vineyard
* A case of 'Sleeping Dogs' wine courtesy of The World's Fastest
Indian director Roger Donaldson
* A leather coat with gang insignia from the box-office smash Once
Were Warriors, generously donated by its producer Robin Scholes, for
whom it was made especially.
* A leather jacket designed for the hugely successful film Once Were
Warriors and worn by the boss of the gang which Nig joins. It was also
used in Brokenhearted, where it was worn by Lawrence Makoare. Kindly
donated by actor/writer/director Ian Mune.
* Hollywood comes to Auckland. Two tickets to the NZ premiere of North
Country, with Charlize Theron in attendance. Plus a poster from the
film, signed by Niki Caro, Charlize Theron , Woody Harrelson and Sean
* Two double tickets to the premiere of Sione's Wedding in March - the
new film from the Naked Samoan/bro Town boys
* A selection of FORTY great movies from the Sony Pictures catalogue,
including such classics as Taxi Driver and The Monty Python Set,
Crouching Tiger, American Psycho, Lawrence of Arabia, Gandhi,
Ghostbusters, Easy Rider, as well as the complete TV series of Seinfeld
and NZ's own Bro'Town. Got to be the ultimate Xmas gift.
* Sixteen cocktails at the Muscat Room, Auckland's coolest hang out.
* Hoyts Gold Pass - free pass to see unlimited movies at any Hoyts
cinema (excluding Queen St), valid for a year - and unlimited means
* Rialto VIP Card: free pass for two to see unlimited films at any
Rialto Cinema, valid for a year - and unlimited means unlimited.
* A signed King Kong poster by Peter Jackson
* A special gift-box containing six premium bottles of Goldwater
Estate wine plus two tickets to the Goldwater Long Lunch, held at their
vineyard on Waiheke Island
* 42 Below special gift-box containing a selection of 6 bottles of:
SOUTH, 42 Below and 42 Below flavours, and a cocktail book
+ more items will be available on the night.
Click here to Unsubscribe
helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst