Apologies for the long lag since our last release. I got tied up with other
work and we had some technical debt in our release process that needed to
be addressed before we could perform a release.
These issues are all now resolved and the faucet development team are happy
to announce faucet 1.9.54 is now released with a bunch of changes listed
Over the coming months we will be continuing to upgrade old dependencies
and getting on to the latest versions of everything (including chewie,
beka, ryu and eventlet). To help with this effort we are deprecating python
3.5 support for faucet and will be removing 3.5 support in a future
release. If you're using faucet on a system with python 3.5 we encourage
upgrading to a newer version of python.
As always, to install faucet review the installation documentation here:
Highlights for this release include:
- Modifying meter options now safe when running multiple redundant
- Fix race condition between reading a config file, and calculating its
- Add spine and leaf generative unit tests
- Fix mailing list URLs in GitHub README
- Add Prometheus metric to track changes to stack state, lacp status and
- Enable unit testing of faucet on python3.9
- Use system pip for most of our install mechanisms to avoid causing
incompatibilities by installing a version that is too new
- Update docker base image used for faucet tests
- Change to Debian Buster from Ubuntu Bionic as Ubuntu has stopped
- Upgrade openvswitch to v2.15.0.
- Upgrade mininet to v2.3.0.
- Update dependencies:
- Upgrade grafana to v7.5.7 [apt, docker]
- Upgrade prometheus to v2.27.1 [docker]
- Upgrade influxdb to 2.0 [docker]
- Upgrade pika to 1.2.0 [rabbitmq adapter]