Got some new bug fixes that should improve the reliability of reloading
faucet after a configuration update. Thanks to those who contributed the
fixes for this release.
As always, to install faucet review the installation documentation here:
Highlights for this release include:
- Fix bad learning behaviour on uninitialised ports during warm start
- Fix ports not always being initialised properly during warm start when
certain conditions are met
- Advertise new IRC channel on libera.chat
- Improve pylint score
- Update docker base image used for faucet tests
- Upgrade openvswitch to v2.15.1.
- Update dependencies:
- Upgrade chewie to 0.22
- Upgrade beka to 0.3.5
- Upgrade grafana to 8.0.6 [apt, docker]
- Upgrade prometheus to 2.28.1 [docker]
We've been encountering some problems with our Faucet docker builds (that
we do ourselves) that seemed to have been introduced by some changes in
dependent packages. Specifically, numpy, which is imported for networkx,
doesn't seem to play well with Alpine linux.
The simple workaround/fix is to pin networkx at <= 2.2 in requirements.txt
(currently specified as >=1.9). Not sure if this has any other
ill-effects, but it's cleared up all our issues.
If desirable, I could put in a PR to change this in the master branch, but
I'm not sure if this is only affecting us or not. The root change seems to
have happened some time ago (18+ days), so if it hasn't bitten other people
yet then it might be something specific to our setup/use.