We are pleased to bring you the first stable release of the faucet 1.8
branch today. It includes a fully rewritten BGP implementation (replacing
ryu-bgp) by Sam Russell (thanks Sam!).
Note: if you use faucet for BGP routing we encourage you to test the new
changes before deploying to ensure compatibility with your network, while
we have a very strong set of test cases for BGP we haven't implemented all
the same quirks as ryu-bgp had so perhaps you will notice some
Please review the faucet installation documentation for a list of the
different methods of installing faucet:
Highlights for this release include:
- Replace Ryu BGP with Beka (https://github.com/samrussell/beka
), a much
more compact BGP speaker based on StreamServer.
- TFM based switches won't be provisioned for routing if no routing in
- Remove deprecated dl_dst rewrite method in ACLs - use set_fields and
- Fix FaucetConfigStatReloadAclTest which was unreliable.
- Refactoring to support > 93% unit test coverage.
- Add more tutorials to documentation
- Upgrade integration test suite to DPDK 18.02.1.