Happy 2018! To celebrate we're releasing you some new faucet goodies in the
Highlights for this release include:
- Prometheus flow table and port status logging support. Prometheus-only
is now recommended for all Gauge monitoring
- Ryu 4.21
- Fix theoretical crash if OFA sends as a packet with no VLAN header
(should not occur anyway) - found by packet in fuzzer
- Optional ARP/ND re-resolution targeting (first ARP/ND attempt is sent
only to last known port)
- Experimental event notification has better error handling (and
rejection of multiple clients)
- Packet fuzzer performance improvements
- Optional setting to not check minimum packet size (for OVS FAUCET
tutorial to work)
- Tests all retry failed pip installs due to temporary pip CDN problems.
Another note: from this release on we are changing how we use docker tags.
The "latest" tag will now point to the latest stable version of faucet
rather than to the latest commit in git. This should allow us to ensure we
consistently deliver stable code via all our packaging mechanisms.