I'm very pleased to announce after 3 months of work we have just
released v1.5.0 of FAUCET.
FAUCET v1.5.0 represents 270 pull requests and 900 commits, I would like
to extend my thanks to our dedicated developer community who have done
an outstanding job the past 3 months.
In this release we have focused on performance optimisations and
refactoring the code base to be simpler to understand and work with. We
have also greatly improved our hardware (and software) test suite to
make it easier for our hardware partners. There are a number of great
features and improvements in monitoring FAUCET as well.
Please note in this release we have renamed our pypi package for python
to "faucet" from "ryu-faucet" so if you are installing direct with pip
you will need to migrate to the new package name. Docker images have the
same name and we have officially tagged v1_5_0 for faucet/faucet and
We are also announcing that this release will likely be the last one to
support python2. We have deprecated python2 support and expect the next
full release to be python3 only.
Highlights from this release:
- IPv6: Router Solicitation/Router Advertisement support
- IPv6: hosts with privacy addresses support (when routing)
- Inter VLAN routing
- Prometheus support
- ARP/ND/learning scheduling jittered to reduce controller load spikes
- IPv6 multicast MAC address correctly set for Neighbor Discovery packets
- Greatly improve cold start performance
Full change-log is available here: