The New Zealand Network Operators' Group
The New Zealand Network Operators' Group (NZNOG) has neither a
king, a president nor a formal membership. At present it consists of the
subscribers to this mailing list, which anyone is free to join. (At last count
the list had 64 subscribers.)
The NZNOG mailing list is provided through a server at The University of
Waikato, and is administered by an employee of Telecom NZ Ltd. Neither
of these organisations (nor the administrator) is responsible for its
NZNOG Mailing List Acceptable Use Policy
The NZNOG mailing list exists to provide a forum for the exchange of
technical information and the discussion of implementation issues that
require cooperation among New Zealand network service providers. In
order to continue to provide a useful forum for discussion of relevant
technical issues, users of the list are asked to respect the following
1. Discussion will focus on Internet operational and technical issues.
2. Discussion related to meetings of network service providers is
3. Discussion unrelated to these topics is not appropriate.
4. Postings to multiple mailing lists are discouraged.
5. Postings that include foul language, character assassination, and lack
of respect for other participants are unacceptable.
6. Blatant product or service marketing is unacceptable.
7. Postings of a political, philosophical or legal nature are discouraged.
8. Postings to the list should be in ASCII or MIME encoded as text/plain.
Attachments should not be sent to the list. To present a document,. a
suitable URL may be referred to. For documents of general interest, the
use of proprietary file formats is discouraged.
9. Breaches of list etiquette should be dealt with privately with the
offending list user, and should not result in complaints being sent to the
Mailing List Archives
A full archive is available at http://list.waikato.ac.nz/archives/nznog/
To search the archive, see http://list.waikato.ac.nz/archives/search.html
(and remember to select nznog).
Subscribing to the List
To subscribe to the NZNOG list, send email to
majordomo(a)list.waikato.ac.nz, where the body of the message reads
There are at present no restrictions on who may subscribe to the list, or
even on who may post to the list.
Digest Mailing List
If you don't wish to receive postings as they are sent, you can instead
subscribe to the nznog-digest mailiing list, on which all postings are sent
out in a single "digest" every couple of days.
NZNOG does not at present have other regular activities than this mailing
list, though some Auckland subscribers have been known to arrange
meetings over beer.
NZNOG Mailing List Owner/Administrator/Muggins
To unsubscribe from nznog, send email to majordomo(a)list.waikato.ac.nz
where the body of your message reads: