On 23/01/12 09:30, Matt Brown wrote:
Happy new year!
Greetings from the NZNOG2012 DNSSEC workshop room :)
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Sebastian Castro
We are currently deciding the best course of
action to correct the wrong
encoding, we'll keep you informed.
Is there any news on this?
The progress so far is:
1. We found the source of the issue, prepared a patch, checked with the
developers and it should be ready for prime time.
2. We've prepared two plans to do the change, we are in process of
internal discussion of which approach is best. The final objective is to
change the encoding of the DNSKEY.
3. Once the problem is fixed, we will go ahead with the signing of the SLD.
I'm mainly interested in whether this is likely to have an impact on
the timeline for the signing of the .nz 2LDs such as co.nz, etc, which
I understand is/was slated to occur in a few batches over the next few
The deployment schedule is going to be delayed a little until this is
fixed, which should take a few weeks roughly. But the plan continues the
same of signing SLD by batches during the first half of the year.
I was poking around http://nzrs.net.nz/dns/dnssec
to see if I could
find any info, but everything there seems to reference .nz rather than
any of the 2LDs.
We haven't updated the definitive schedule, it's currently being
discussed. We will made it public as soon as possible.
Thanks for asking!
.nz Registry Services (New Zealand Domain Name Registry Limited)
desk: +64 4 495 2337
mobile: +64 21 400535