The trustees and organisers of the last NZNOG conference have started planning for 2012.
Each year we run with a team of 5-7 people who take care of the planning and logistics. We
are now looking for volunteers from the community to join this team.
Here's a sample of things the organisers take care of:
- Book venue(s)
- Arrange sponsorship
- Create the conference programme & book keynote speakers
- Create a budget, which is approved by the trustees
- Plan workshops
- Book catering during the day
- Organise the conference dinner and other social events
- Create shirts & bags, stuff them with schwag
- Run a website & registration system for attendees
- Design and build of nametags
- Setup venue for workshops & plenary sessions
- Introduce sessions during conference, moderate where required
- Organise live streaming & recording
- Reporting on financials & how we did against budget
As you can see, there are some tasks that are done months in advance while others happen
during the week of the conference.
There has been some discussion about hosting in Christchurch next year. We'd
especially like to see volunteers from the Canterbury region. The announcement of dates
for the conference will be made very soon.
Sadly we can't promise a spot for everyone but don't let that stop you. It's
good to have a mix of fresh-faces along with some of the experienced beer-drinkers.
If you're interested, please reply off-list.
( on behalf of the NZNOG organisers )
Show replies by date