A short questionnaire for those of you who sell Internet services, if
1) How many users (as a percentage) on your network use peer to peer?
2) Can you break that down in to:
- Users that use p2p 1-3 days per month on average
- Users that use p2p 1-6 days per week on average
- Users that use p2p 6-7 days per week on average
3) What percentage of your network traffic is peer to peer? (by
bitrate /and/ by packetrate, if possible)
4) What percentage of your users are users that do more than say, 80%
of their traffic as peer to peer
5) Do you have a histogram available of % of users for various
different amounts of data per month?
If you reply, please do it offlist, I won't tell anyone your secrets,
etc. I'm only after percentages.
I don't work for any competing ISPs right now, so can't use your info
competitively, this is for some Internet research work I'm doing -
believe it or not in the IPv6 area. Findings will be publicly
available and based on an aggregate of all ISPs who give me data, and
I'll likely talk about my findings at the next NZNOG meeting. For the
good of the Internet community and all that.
If you have some kind of p2p shaping boxes, they tend to have these
sorts of stats available.
If you can only provide one or two of these stats, that's still really
Show replies by date