The New Zealand Network Operators' Group
The New Zealand Network Operators' Group (NZNOG) has no king,
president or formal membership. At present it consists of the
subscribers to this mailing list, which anyone is free to join.
This list has around 220 subscribers, growing by a handful each
The NZNOG mailing list is provided through a server at The University
of Waikato, and is administered by an employee of Telecom NZ Ltd.
Neither of these organisations (nor the administrator) is responsible
for its content.
NZNOG Mailing List Acceptable Use Policy
The NZNOG mailing list exists to provide a forum for the exchange of
technical information and the discussion of implementation issues
that require cooperation among New Zealand network service providers.
In order to continue to provide a useful forum for discussion of
relevant technical issues, users of the list are asked to respect the
1. Discussion will focus on Internet operational and technical
2. Discussion related to meetings of network service providers is
3. Discussion unrelated to these topics is not appropriate.
4. Postings to multiple mailing lists are discouraged.
5. Postings that include foul language, character assassination, and
lack of respect for other participants are unacceptable.
6. Blatant product or service marketing is unacceptable.
7. Postings of a political, philosophical or legal nature are
8. Postings to the list should be in ASCII or MIME encoded as
text/plain. Attachments should not be sent to the list. To
present a document, a suitable URL may be referred to. For
documents of general interest, the use of proprietary file formats
9. Breaches of list etiquette should be dealt with privately with the
offending list user, and should not result in complaints being
sent to the list.
Some discussion is taking place on the list at present regarding the
acceptability of postings advertising for sale second-hand networking
Mailing List Archives
A full archive is available at http://list.waikato.ac.nz/archives/nznog/
To search the archive, see
(and remember to select nznog).
Subscribing to the List
To subscribe to the NZNOG list, send email to
majordomo(a)list.waikato.ac.nz, where the body of the message reads
There are at present no restrictions on who may subscribe to the
list, or even on who may post to the list.
Digest Mailing List
If you don't wish to receive postings as they are sent, you can
instead subscribe to the nznog-digest mailiing list, on which all
postings are sent out in a single "digest" every couple of days.
NZNOG does not at present have other regular activities than this
NZNOG Mailing List Owner/Administrator/Muggins
To unsubscribe from nznog, send email to majordomo(a)list.waikato.ac.nz
where the body of your message reads: