I am having a problem calling Weka from the emacs
shell on my Windows
machine. I have read the notes found at http://alex.seewald.at/WEKA/
think it is a CLASSPATH setting problem.
I'm normally working with cygwin under Win32 or on a Linux box.
Working from the directory to which I downloaded the
*>set CLASSPATH .:$Weka-3-4/weka.jar*
set CLASSPATH .:$Weka-3-4/weka.jar
Environment variable CLASSPATH not defined
Since you're using windows, why don't set up the classpath there?
- right-click on "My Computer"
- select "Properties"
(the alternative is via the Control Panel and then "System")
- under WinXP go to the "Advanced" tab
- click on "Environment Variables"
- create a new user variable (or system-wide for all users if you
- and add the following value (assuming that Weka is installed in
- close all the dialogs with "OK"
Running Weka from command line:
- Start -> Run... and enter "cmd" followed by <Enter>
- e.g., run this command to see J48's help:
java weka.classifiers.trees.J48 -h
Peter Reutemann, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Waikato, NZ
+64 (7) 838-4466 Ext. 5174