The WLUG mailing list is the discussion-list extension of the Waikato
Linux Users Group.
As such, we expect members of this list to adhere to the principals
espoused in our official Charter, in particular, Rule 6, which covers
the activities on this mailing list.
While this is an Acceptable Use Policy, the WLUG committee do recognise
the need for informal discussion among list members, and draconian
administration is not the goal of this policy. Please keep in mind,
however, that your comments to this list do represent the WLUG, and
while it is good to be seen as an organisation with a sense of humour,
some comments may do serious harm to our credibility as a serious
advocate of GNU/Linux and all things Free Software/Open Source related.
* Should not commit slander or libel against any person or
* Should not be unprofessional or petty, especially with respect to
the names of other software companies
* Should not indulge in ad hominem attacks
* Should not reproduce copyrighted material without permission from
the copyright holder
* Should not indulge in marketing or advertising, other than on a
private sale basis, or advertising of jobs - which may be
announced once only.
* Should maintain a reasonable level of spelling and grammar
* Should be honest
* Should not promote or denigrate political, cultural, or religious
* Should not continue inflammatory or abusive threads
* Should accentuate the positive, without hyperbole or blatant
Posters who consistently violate these guidelines will be dealt with at
the discretion of the List Maintainer.
If you feel you have been unfairly dealt with, you have recourse to any
member of the WLUG Committee.