If its not too late to squeeze it in, And it may already be there,
Using your linux box to save your networked windows users (forgive them
lord, for they know not what they do).
e.g. Fetchmail collects their mail.
Spam/AV kills the nasty's
Postfix/Senmail feeds your windows user whats left.
On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 07:00, Meeting Reminder Bot wrote:
Today is 20/10/2003
The WLUG meeting is one week away
The topic will be "Giving Craig Gifts and Adoration", by order of the
And the subtopic
Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam for Linux.
Suggested synopsis (please add to me)
* Why viruses in Linux (and almost any other non-MS operating
system) are not currently an issue, and are unlikely to ever
* getting your LinuxRouterBox to run Exim, Amavis,
SpamAssassin, Razor and ClamAV (CraigBox/GreigMcGill)
* BayesianFiltering in Mozilla
* plugging SpamAssassin into Evolution (anyone?)
+ bogofilter & marking msgs spam/ham: [link]
+ .forward/.procmail: [link]
+ Ximian's answer
* plugging SpamAssassin into KMail
* possible use of DNS to stop spam at the SMTP level - eg
, Reverse MX, or RR records
* Virus scanning of cached web pages through the use of Squid,
DansGuardian, and MailScanner (GerwinVanDeSteeg)
wlug mailing list