University Crest

[Faucet-announce] faucet 1.6.24

Faucet-announce archive index About the Faucet-announce list Mailing lists home
To The University of Waikato HomepageWaikato Home > Waikato Mailing Lists > Faucet-announce Info > Faucet-announce archives
Brad Cowie brad@w...
Tue Feb 27 16:24:37 NZDT 2018

Hi folks,

We are happy to announce we just pushed our 50th release live. In this
release we have a huge performance increase in our Layer 2 and Layer 3
learning code which will enable users to build even larger network segments
on a single controller.

We did have a rework of our BGP implementation staged for release but have
had to revert those changes after finding some show stopper bugs, we expect
to be able to get this out to you in the next release.

Pypi:

   - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/faucet/

Docker:

   - https://hub.docker.com/r/faucet/faucet/tags/
   - https://hub.docker.com/r/faucet/gauge/tags/
   - https://hub.docker.com/r/faucet/faucet-pi/tags/
   - https://hub.docker.com/r/faucet/gauge-pi/tags/

VM image:

   - https://builder.faucet.nz/faucet-amd64/

Highlights for this release include:

   - Upgrade test suite to use OVS 2.9.0 and DPDK 18.02
   - Increase L2 and L3 scale baseline to 1024 and 2048 hosts respectively
   (many reductions to packet in processing, state expiry, and Prometheus
   export costs)
   - Gauge now logs port max/speed changes
   - RabbitMQ adaptor support for Pi
   - Fix incorrect use of thread for Prometheus client (caused occasional
   truncation of metrics in prometheus)
   - Fix stacking config changes not being processed via cold start.

Enjoy!