University Crest

[Faucet-announce] faucet 1.6.25

Faucet-announce archive index About the Faucet-announce list Mailing lists home
To The University of Waikato HomepageWaikato Home > Waikato Mailing Lists > Faucet-announce Info > Faucet-announce archives
Brad Cowie brad@w...
Wed Feb 28 18:04:59 NZDT 2018

Hi folks,

It's me again. We realised shortly after our release of 1.6.24 there we
introduced some bugs in how learned host statistics were counted and
reported to prometheus. We have elected to correct this bug and immediately
release a fix (plus a couple other goodies we snuck in)

To make up for our mistake I would like to offer some brand new fresh
grafana dashboards that can be used with this version of faucet:

  https://monitoring.redcables.wand.nz/grafana-dashboards/

You can see a demo of these dashboards in action on my network here:

  https://grafana.redcables.wand.nz

As usual faucet is available in the normal places:

Pypi:

   - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/faucet/

Docker:

   - https://hub.docker.com/r/faucet/faucet/tags/
   - https://hub.docker.com/r/faucet/gauge/tags/
   - https://hub.docker.com/r/faucet/faucet-pi/tags/
   - https://hub.docker.com/r/faucet/gauge-pi/tags/

VM image:

   - https://builder.faucet.nz/faucet-amd64/

Highlights for this release include:

   - Fix learned host reporting/counting (bug introduced in 1.6.24)
   - Fix dead L3 neighbors not being expired
   - Workaround for stale netns in hairpin int. test
   - Re-add bgp_connect_mode config option (e.g. peer can be set passive)
   - Explicitly decode of_dp_desc_stats labels as UTF8.

Enjoy!