University Crest

Telecom ATM Fubar.

Andy Linton asjl@n...
Thu Aug 19 10:01:51 NZST 1999

Simon Lyall wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, James Tyson wrote:
> > I, personally, would love to extend a hefty handshake of congratulations
> > to David Dix and his cohorts for completely rooting the Telecom ATM
> > network causing several major outages for myself and Simon Lyall to deal
> > with.
>
> This isn't actually correct. There were in fact 5 ihug Admins, 1 ihug
> engineering manager, 20 ihug Helpdesk operators, 2 CTM operators, 1
> Telecom Account Manager, about 6 Telecom Techies (at least thats how many
> different ones I talked to) and God knows how many other people all in
> a mild start of confusion, panic and flat out work during that period.

I'd suggest people pull their collective heads in on this list. If we
get to the point where this list is used to abuse other people we all
have to work with cooperatively then it will lose its value. Shit
happens. We all make mistakes. I know I have, I know Sid has.

If the finger needs pointed then the Telecom ATM network set up is the
culprit - why the hell were they prepared to listen to dumb
announcements from a customer.

Let's use this list to discuss technical issues and not for personal
abuse.
---------