University Crest

[nznog] Comcom/Samknows broadband testing from a different perspective

Brian Cole brian.cole@w...
Thu Sep 27 11:38:26 NZST 2018

Hi all,

Longtime listener; first time caller.

I signed up to SamKnows (partly out of curiosity and partly so I can have
hard data about my connection that I pay for) at home.

Over the last week my connection has gone from slightly adequate with the
occasional drop out to a slow connection with regular drop outs.

Netflix and YouTube are stuttering, video games drop connection, and
websites hang at random times.

I can't help but think that the email shared by Dylan sheds some light on
why that maybe.

This programme won't be terribly successful if everyone gets sick of having
a terrible connection during peak hours and shuts the white box down.

Pretty frustrating.

Brian

--

*Brian Cole* */** Research Projects Developer*
*Research & Enterprise  **/**  Research Office  **/**  University of