University Crest

[wlug] HTML editing

Gavin Denby redhat@i...
Wed Dec 20 14:20:10 NZDT 2000

It's getting time for me to again brush up my balloons over waikato webpage
for the new event again, but this Time I would like to do it on my linux
box.

I am wondering what people use for HTML design/edit/test.

I would like to be able to download the current webpages, and edit the
source, observe how the changes look, and then ftp them back to my website
host (ihug).

I have been fiddling with firstpage 2000 (windows) and like the all in one
features, is there a similar linux solution, other than netscape, that is
available?

Otherwise what do you prefer, and how do you find it?

I suppose I could edit with emacs, and view in kde native html veiwing, but
I have yet to figure out how to ftp.

Any and all opinions will be attempted, and probably be ruined in the
process :-)