University Crest

[wlug] HTML editors

Daniel Lawson lawson@i...
Wed Dec 20 14:25:39 NZDT 2000

>I am wondering what people use for HTML design/edit/test.

I do everything like that locally, and i usually use jed/joe (in linux) or
ultraedit or allaire homesite in windows.

>  have been fiddling with firstpage 2000 (windows) and like the all in one
>eatures, is there a similar linux solution, other than netscape, that is
>available?

I have seen a couple - a year or more ago - but got further than a search
on freshmeat.
Was easier to do in joe

same place i find any linux stuff - www.freshmeat.net :)

>I suppose I could edit with emacs, and view in kde native html veiwing, but
>I have yet to figure out how to ftp.

kftp ?  or even just

ftp crash.ihug.co.nz

from the command line, enter your username and password, and
upload/download the relevant files.