University Crest

[wlug] static NAT?

Paul Jonassen jonassen@i...
Thu Dec 21 22:22:40 NZDT 2000

Well a "messy" way could be to use slip links, with Perry's virtual eth0
idea.  I know ipchains is a likely way, but the slip links seem to be
the way, most in the AMPR NOS 44 network seem to do it.  eth0:x <->
pseudo terminal pair <-> eth0:y sort of thing.  The only reason i think
these guys have been using it, is its simplicity.  I haven't tried this
way yet, as its on the bottom of the in-tray.

With tight subnet masks, on the eth:? int's, it should work, it will
certainly give you a good screenful on a ifconfig.

www.lantz.com, is tnos's home, they have used this method for routing
kernel services and internet addresses, to and from the 44.x.x.x
network.

Probably miles off, but good to see the list in action again, its been
awhile.

L8R
jono!!