University Crest

[wlug] static NAT?

Greig McGill greig@c...
Fri Dec 22 08:18:45 NZDT 2000

> create eth0:1 -> eth0:6 with the 'real ip's  (assuming your masqing onto
> eth0, if it's ppp0 then use that)
>
> use iproute2 to set up source based routing routing each of them onto a
> different eth0:*
>
> set up 6 ipmasq rules to masq each one individually.
>
> No idea if it works.

That was exactly my plan - however, I get the following error when trying to
do virtually anything with the ip command:

RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument.

Even after much kernel recompiling, it still won't work... :(

| Greig McGill                             |
| Systems Engineer - Compel Automation Ltd |
| Ph. +64 7 838 3747   Fax. +64 7 838 3737 |
|      web: http://www.compel.co.nz        |