University Crest

[wlug] mail spam...

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Fri Aug 9 15:51:30 NZST 2002

So, some snail mail spam turned up at BSD today, for the Manager of the
Waikato Linux Users group. The company in question, IDS, is a Microsoft
Partner, and were offering us IT solutions.

I'm not sure why they were sending us this information, whether it was a
genuine mistake (ie, they were sending bulk mails out to postal addresses
harvested from somewhere) or they were targetting us as Linux users group
out of humour. Regardless, I replied with the following:

:)