University Crest

[wlug] cups

V K hidden@p...
Mon Aug 12 16:41:19 NZST 2002

> I am running cups as the printer daemon under Suse 8.0.  Rpm -q cups
> reveals version 1.1.12-69 is installed.

Ensure your yast modules for cups are current. There were updates.

Did you use yast to configure it or did you do it the long way?

http://sdb.suse.de/de/sdb/html/jsmeix_print-cups.html
http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/jsmeix_print-cups.html

might tell you something. I briefly switched to cups and didn't think
it was as well supported, I didn't like it and went back to lprng.
lprng does page counting by default, though I'd find it much more
useful if it accounted for the ink used as paper costs nothing in
comparison...

Volker

http://volker.orcon.net.nz/		Please do not CC list postings to me.