University Crest

[wlug] X window programming

Michael Cree cree@p...
Tue Aug 13 12:15:29 NZST 2002

Is there someone on this list who is familiar with X-window programming and
would like to earn a little extra money (with emphasis on "little" - I don't
have much money for the project) on developing some code.

I have the source code to a C link library for displaying and managing the
display of images.  It is pretty limited at the moment: only works on 256
colour displays, relies on openview library and CPU waits on its child
process!  I would like to see it working fully on 24bit (truecolour)
display, use a freely available X toolkit library (e.g. glib and gtk) that
is available for all of Solaris (sparc), Linux (i386) and Tru64 Unix
(alpha), and use proper signalling between processes.  Anyone capable and
keen to give this a go?  Contact me personally at the email address below if
interested.

Michael.

 Dr Michael Cree                Email:     cree@p...
 Lecturer
 Dept. Physics and Elec. Eng.
 University of Waikato
 Private Bag 3105               Fax:       +64-7-8384835
 Hamilton                       Telephone: +64-7-8384301
 New Zealand