University Crest

[wlug] cups

Oliver Jones oliver@d...
Fri Aug 16 17:44:47 NZST 2002

Yes I know that the Epson support is much better.  The printer is
ancient (in computer years).

Later

On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 15:55, V K wrote:

    > I had to do battle with a printer today.  By default the bjc600 driver
    > that is used in Ghostscript 6.51 and RedHat 7.1 produces output that is
    > _way_ too dark.

    > IMO printing on Unix platforms is extremely ass.

    Easy, just get a decent printer driver from Canon. Microsoft doesn't
    give you brightness adjustment in the printer driver either, if it's in
    the driver, it comes from the printer manufacturer.

    Besides, you should have bought Epson. man gs-stp why.

    Volker

    (Any reason you posted the whole previous msg again?)

    http://volker.orcon.net.nz/		Please do not CC list postings to me.

--
Oliver Jones > Senior Software Engineer > Deeper Design Limited.
oliver@d...  > www.deeperdesign.com