University Crest

[wlug] Memory Error?

Stephen Heise fordfairlanelover@y...
Mon Aug 19 08:12:34 NZST 2002

Hi All.

A linux newbie here. I just installed Red Hat 7.3 (to
duel boot with Windows 2000) in the weekend. After
what seemed like a fairly painless install, I get
this error straight after I select Linux from GRUB:

 Booting 'Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-3)'
root (hd0,1)
Kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-3 ro root=/dev/hdb5
 [Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1400, size=0xff8b0]
Error 28: Selected item cannot fit into memory

I find this a little hard to believe as I have 1GB of
RAM (long story as to how that happened). I guess it
must mean 'base' memory. Anyway, does anyone know why
this is happening and how I might fix it?

Thanks,

Stephen

http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To
- Get the best out of your PC!