University Crest

[wlug] MYOB

Bob Brown bob.b@c...
Wed Aug 21 18:02:46 NZST 2002

If it's just to run a couple of apps Wine would be the best option - no
need to install a new windows base and no need for a windows license
either.  Only down side is that compatibility is a problem - and you
would have to fiddle a bit to get it working.

Which reminds me, I'm trying to install a fresh verison of wine but I
get this:

[root@h... bob]# rpm -Uvh wine-20020710.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        OpenGL is needed by wine-20020710-1
        libasound.so.1   is needed by wine-20020710-1
        libcups.so.2   is needed by wine-20020710-1
        alsa-lib   is needed by wine-20020710-1
        cups-lib   is needed by wine-20020710-1

Now, those look pretty straightforward to find, except for OpenGL.  Any
idea where I can get this?  Am I going down the wrong track?  Oh dear me

RedHat 7.2.

Cheers,

- Bob -