University Crest

[wlug] MYOB

Oliver Jones oliver@d...
Wed Aug 21 19:59:24 NZST 2002

It's really not advisable to install binary RPM's not built on or for
your distro.  Try and find a wine build for RedHat 7.2 or a SRPM for 7.x
and '--rebuild' it.

Or better yet go to www.codeweavers.com and download a codeweavers-wine
rpm built for RedHat 7.x.

Later

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 18:02, Bob Brown wrote:

    If it's just to run a couple of apps Wine would be the best option - no
    need to install a new windows base and no need for a windows license
    either.  Only down side is that compatibility is a problem - and you
    would have to fiddle a bit to get it working.

    Which reminds me, I'm trying to install a fresh verison of wine but I
    get this:

    [root@h... bob]# rpm -Uvh wine-20020710.i386.rpm
    error: failed dependencies:
            OpenGL is needed by wine-20020710-1
            libasound.so.1   is needed by wine-20020710-1
            libcups.so.2   is needed by wine-20020710-1
            alsa-lib   is needed by wine-20020710-1
            cups-lib   is needed by wine-20020710-1

    Now, those look pretty straightforward to find, except for OpenGL.  Any
    idea where I can get this?  Am I going down the wrong track?  Oh dear me

    RedHat 7.2.

    Cheers,

    - Bob -