University Crest

[wlug] ISP Help

David Nicholls davidn@w...
Fri Aug 23 16:55:02 NZST 2002

PlaNet / satlan corp do a nice 128k radio connection for $60/mnth +$400
setup fees... inc. linux router setup, aerial, fixed ip addr etc.

working really well for me so far.
they are a local hamilton bunch.

cheers...
david

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Willard [mailto:paulw@r...]
Sent: Friday, 23 August 2002 2:17 p.m.
To: wlug
Subject: [wlug] ISP Help

Can anybody suggest a descent net connection I hook up with
details:
12kms from dinsdale :-( .. there goes DSL
line of site to Hospital, Dairy Factory (on Te Rapa road)
and everthing in between

want:
something more than a rural dialup :-(

I have already talked to golive (www.golive.co.nz) about wireless, but
Traffic is so damned expensive.
Golive buy traffic off wave ... and do think I can get Mike Leaver to
offer me something special ... I think not :-(

Any other suggestions would be great ....
caio ppl.