University Crest

[wlug] ISP Help

Lindsay Druett lindsayd@w...
Mon Aug 26 11:36:23 NZST 2002

Richard Lummus is the owner of Satlan Corporation / Planet FreeNZ Hamilton.

He can be contacted on 0-7-854 0907 or 0-21-354360
His e-mail address is rl@h...

I hoping he will have his new web page online soon....

-----Original Message-----
From: John R. McPherson [mailto:jrm21@c...]
Sent: Monday, 26 August 2002 11:22
To: wlug
Subject: Re: [wlug] ISP Help

Ok, you guys have got me curious now, but I'm stuffed if I can find
anything relevant to them online. Is there a data cap? (Not that I
would use that much, but it's nice to know).

www.planet.co.nz just has a page saying "coming soon" that was last-modified
in March 2002, neither exists as a .co.nz, www.planet.net.nz seems to be
some other training place altogether (last modified April, and who would
trust an ISP that uses frontpage for their website??!) and after some
exhaustive google searching I found http://hnpl.net which is also horribly
outdated and their listed services seem to be only dial-up a/c.

Are they too exclusive for the likes of me? Can someone please tell
me the password??!

Alternatively, anyone good any recommendations for some cheap-ish
web hosting, just for some personal pages (will need some scripting
ability)? I remember there was some talk a while back about setting up
a server or some space for personal use by wlug members, although nothing
seemed to come from that... I wouldn't mind contributing.

Thanks all,
John McPherson