University Crest

[wlug] ISP Help

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Mon Aug 26 11:35:06 NZST 2002

> Alternatively, anyone good any recommendations for some cheap-ish
> web hosting, just for some personal pages (will need some scripting
> ability)? I remember there was some talk a while back about setting up
> a server or some space for personal use by wlug members, although nothing
> seemed to come from that... I wouldn't mind contributing.

The wlug server is still in the works. Sahil has offered hosting, and
Andrew Thrift offered the guts of a machine- sans harddrive I beleive.

If both of these offers are still available, there is no reason it cant go
ahead. We just need a harddisk, an OS set up on it, and someone to
volunteer to look after it (apply security updates etc). And an
'acceptable use' policy put in place.

Andrew - if you are still OK with lending your hardware for this, can you
bring it along tonight?

Anyone have a harddisk of reasonable size -10G or so - they'd like to
donate?

Thanks

Daniel