University Crest

[wlug] ISP Help

John R. McPherson jrm21@c...
Mon Aug 26 12:07:32 NZST 2002

Daniel Lawson wrote:

> The wlug server is still in the works. Sahil has offered hosting, and
> Andrew Thrift offered the guts of a machine- sans harddrive I beleive.
>
> If both of these offers are still available, there is no reason it cant go
> ahead. We just need a harddisk, an OS set up on it, and someone to
> volunteer to look after it (apply security updates etc). And an
> 'acceptable use' policy put in place.

If no-one else jumps forward, I can make some time to set it up
and look after it.

<troll>
 Anyone got any recommendations for which OS to use? Which distribution?
</troll>

> Andrew - if you are still OK with lending your hardware for this, can you
> bring it along tonight?

I've got (well, not really mine, but close enough) a spare pentium
box sans HDD, although it might not be grunty enough. If we can
still get Andrew's then that might be better.

John