University Crest

[wlug] NTFS Support

Stephen Heise fordfairlanelover@y...
Mon Aug 26 12:47:02 NZST 2002

Hi All,

I have just read that to get NTFS support to work
under
Red Hat 7.3 you need to recompile the kernel. I am
also
warned that:

"...turning on NTFS support in the kernel can be
dangerous to your system."

Is this true or is this just Red Hat's way of saying
that they hate Mircosoft and don't what you to use
their filesystem? How exactly can this be dangerous to
my system? Can I screw up my NTFS partition? (Can't be
any worse that a LinuxNewbie such as myself trying to
recompile the kernel - but that's a different story.)

Stephen

http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To
- Get the best out of your PC!