University Crest

[wlug] ISP Help

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Mon Aug 26 22:51:25 NZST 2002

> For  $ 60.00 per month including GST, and with all the extras like
> static IP Address, you just can't go wrong.
>
> Sounds great, but how is the ping?

i've been monitoring the rtt across the radio link for a few weeks using
cacti. While it was initially quite bad due to aerial placement at the
pop, it seems MUCH better now.

It sits between 15 and 40 ms most of the time - across the link only -
although when under high load it can spike to a few hundred ms. Not sure
if this is normal on this network or if its an artefact of less than
optimal positioning relative to the pop.

I guess you're asking in relation to games: its probably not consistent
enough for you to be happy.