University Crest

[wlug] Bookmark sharing between multiple machines

John R. McPherson jrm21@c...
Wed Aug 28 08:28:12 NZST 2002

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 12:37:38AM +1200, Oliver Jones wrote:
> Well...  Netscape 4 allows you to store your entire prefs in LDAP.
> Dunno about Mozilla though.  If you used Galeon you could create a
> "bookmarklet" that allowed for easy addition to a web/php based bookmark
> system.  Dunno about what system to use tho.  I used to want something
> like this when I was using 2 machines more.  Now I just stick to Linux
> so it's not a problem. :)

Well it's not just between linux and windows - I'm kinda interested
in this too as I just got debian running on 2nd-hand laptop I bought
for my mother. When I (eventually) give her the laptop, it would be
nice if the laptop could synchronise bookmarks and sent mail with her
normal desktop machine when it's added to the (home) network...
I don't even know if the bookmarks bit is possible (both are set up
to use galeon), but the mail should be fairly easy as it's just mbox
files...

John