University Crest

[wlug] Setting up and hosting web site and obtaining a domain name

Stephen Pearce g_and_s_pearce@x...
Fri Aug 30 15:56:02 NZST 2002

Hi
Could I pick the wlug brains here please.

We would like to set up an independently hosted web site for our dept. and obtain 1 or possible 2 domain names to go along with it .. and then put web site in place.

I looked around last night and the appearent fee structure to do all this offshore in the us seems significantly cheaper than using a local isp like xtra, ihug or wave.

I suspect a catch here but m not sure what it is.

Has anyone experience with doing this who could give me a
bit of advice please.

Also .. I had planned to build it up just using the
edit facility within mozilla ... we are not planning anything too elaborate here ... has anyone alternative
linux package suggestions ...

Thanks

Stephen Pearce

c/- anaestheitcs dept., whangarei area hospital, whangarei