University Crest

[wlug] x windows

SG sg1@w...
Fri Aug 30 18:41:37 NZST 2002

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can help.   I installed RH 7.2 on my old pentium
120.  When I start up x-windows in any resoultion that my monitor can
handle, then switch to a console, and then switch back to x-windows, the
window resolution has changed and everything is bigger and moved off to the
side out of the field of view.  I can only just see where to click to shut
x-windows down.  As I recall the video card is an S3 which is found when
running Xconfigurator, and the monitor is a philips 15" 105S... nothing
particularly oddball ??

Any suggestions???

Cheers

Simon