University Crest

[wlug] LDAP information

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Thu Feb 13 09:10:31 NZDT 2003

There's an article on LDAP integration for authentication, and setting
up unified logins with Windows/Linux, in the December 2002 Linux Journal.

It's not available online -- yet. I just noticed that Linuxjournal have
the policy of publishing all articles online after 6 months or so.

One thing it talks about which I've never considered playing with, was
automounting shares. You can include the automount information in the
ldap tree itself, in the same way you can store automount information in
an NIS datastore.