University Crest

[wlug] ADSL failover

Lindsay Druett lindsayd@w...
Thu Feb 13 11:52:10 NZDT 2003

Hey Dude,

The way I would do it on a Cisco Router, is that you would have a
central router (which is a Cisco router) with obviously two external
interfaces, one to the Tempest connection, and the other to the modem
(or whatever), and use a floating static default route pointing to the
modem (or whatever), which is done by changing the administrative
distance of a static route, then if any routes are lost through the
tempest connection, they will then go through to the modem (or
whatever).

I'm not suggesting that you replace the Linux router with a Cisco router
rather than I presume you can do something similar on the Linux Box.