University Crest

[wlug] the Wiki

Oliver Jones oliver@d...
Sat Feb 22 17:52:11 NZDT 2003

Well you're getting a lot of hits.  However, most of it seems to be
being generated by search robots.  The vast majority being from
googlebot.com and fastsearch.net.

When I'm creating Webalizer usage reports I set it up to completely
ignore hits from search engine robots.  Either with "IgnoreSite" or
"IgnoreAgent".  Without doing this your results are perfectly
meaningless.  You should be interested in what humans are looking at not
robots.  If you're wanting to know how much total data the site is
generating then you should just use HTTPD::Log::Filter perl scripts or
at least just using Webalizer "Hide" directives instead of Ignores.

Also you're referrer records are useless. You've not filtered out local
referrers.  Eg, you should be hiding referrers from www.wlug.org.nz.

Regards