University Crest

[wlug] Tonight's meeting

Gavin Denby redhat@i...
Tue Feb 25 09:48:04 NZDT 2003

Not wanting to detract from Yoper, but I for one would like to see other
"desktop Linux's" Obviously mandrake is well known, but there are others
including "pay for em" ones,  Lindows, and Xandros code to mind
immediately, does:

a: anyone have a system to show ???

b: WIll either of the above do the lug a demonstration version if so
asked.  (if so asked by the Lug, I am happy to contact them and ask for
a free/cheep copy, - we might even let other lugs borrow it for similar
presentations.) [ Lindows raises interesting GPL issues too, whick would
be a discussion in its own right.]

c: should Gavin stop being so cheep, and just buy them, cos we are only
interested in free as in beer. :-)

Just thoughts, what are yours ?

Gavin.

The "linux IS the desktop" promoter. (Games, I don't need no stinkin
games)