University Crest

[wlug] [Fwd: RE: An Invitation to SGI's Extreme Linux Tour]

Perry Lorier perry@b...
Wed Feb 26 09:44:42 NZDT 2003

This came through the old webmaster email address.  I thought I'd
forward it for everybody.

---8<---- Begin forwarded Email ----8<---

A number of you have requested a copy of our Extreme Linux Briefing
invitation in text format. I have included one below for your use.

Regards
Brendan McAdam
Marketing Manager
SGI Australia/NZ
Phone: +61-2-8875 9551
Fax: +61-2-8875 9480
Mobile: +61-418 622 326
Voicemail: 527-9551
bjm@s...

"Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need; the
remainder is needed by others."

___________________

Extreme Linux: Unleashing Your Organisation's Competitive Advantage

This is an invitation for you to attend a special 2-hour briefing, which is
being organised by Silicon Graphics, to introduce a revolution in open
source supercomputing.

In this briefing event, we will show:

  >> How to get supercomputer performance from Linux
     without compromising compatibility
  >> What is unique about NUMAflex Architecture
  >> How to deliver an order of magnitude improvement
     in throughput with fewer resources and lower costs
  >> A built-in cluster interconnect fabric is up to
     200 times faster than current cluster technologies
  >> What this means to your application performance
  >> How you build a supercomputer using bricks
  >> How you can gain incomparable price-performance

Who should attend
=================
  >> IT Strategy Managers evaluating the cost advantages
     of Linux and OpenSource Computing who want to know
     the latest on Linux in High Performance Computing
     environments
  >> Leaders from forward-looking R&D, scientific and
     technical organisations who want the power of a
     supercomputer and the benefits of OpenSource
  >> Managers seeking to quickly solve highly complex
     computational problems and bring products to market
     faster

Agenda
======
  >> Registration, tea and coffee
  >> Extreme Linux:  The new era of supercomputing
  >> Intel Itanium 2 in high-performance computing
  >> Customer Story:  Queensland Parallel Supercomputer
     Foundation
  >> The Altix 3000 Family of Servers and Superclusters:
     How we did it, why we did it

Cities and Dates
================
  Melbourne Friday 28th February
  Canberra Tuesday 4th March
  Sydney Wednesday 5th March
  Brisbane Thursday 6th March
  Perth Wednesday 12th March
  Adelaide Tuesday 18th March
  Auckland Tuesday 25th March

There is no charge for these briefings.

To Register, Click Here http://www.myrego.com/sgi/ExtremeLinux

Brendan McAdam
Marketing Manager, SGI ANZ

"Best of Show" At Linux World 2003
Accolades are already coming in for the amazing power of Itanium 2
processors in SGI Altix 3000.  In its public debut at LinuxWorld 2003 in New
York, The Altix won Best of Show in the Open Source Product Excellence
Awards.