University Crest

[wlug] Tonight's meeting

zcat zcat@i...
Wed Feb 26 12:41:43 NZDT 2003

> > *cough* lame *cough*
>
> I really don't think there is a need for pointless flaming on a list this
> small.

Besides; if we were going to get into pointless flaming I would probably
mention some of the more frustrating problems I've had with Windows
recently. For example an installation of IE that refuses to resolve
(Invalid DNS error) a number of banking and financial websites while a
quick install of Opera on the same machine has no problems with the same
sites. Or the recent flood (3 so far) of XP machines which just don't
want to run Outlook Express any more, and nothing short of a clean
reinstall seems to fix the issue.

But I don't think that discussing Windows's shortfalls is an
appropriate meeting topic. I'd rather discuss Linux's shortfalls and why
freebsd is so much better! :-)