University Crest

[wlug] DVI 1600x1200 under Linux

Matthew Browne (DSL HN) MatthewBr@d...
Tue Mar 11 15:52:11 NZDT 2003

> From: Jamie Curtis [mailto:jamie@p...]
>
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to find a new video card to do 1600x1200 on a DVI
> port that is
> well supported under Linux.
>
> <snip!>
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions ?

I believe both NVidia and ATI cards do 1600x1200 on DVI but avoid
the Radeon 7500 like the plague as it apparently does some kind of
weird interpolation and is blurry. I'm almost certain the
GeForce 4Ti's and Radeon 8500/9700 do it at that rez and nice and
crisp too but each third party card may very of course. As to
Linux drivers Matthias may have some thoughts as he's used both.

Matt Browne