University Crest

[wlug] a very simple php question that just has my brain stumped.

kyle carter kyle@f...
Wed Mar 12 22:28:52 NZDT 2003

ok.. php question
all i want to do is display the output of the route command on a webpage...
now this is what i thought would be VERY simple in php, however im just not
thinking about it right im sure.
nl2br(passthru(route));   i thought would be about all i needed so far i can
get the results using various methods, however none of them allows me to use
nl2br to make it display nice on a html page (convert all the \n to <br>).

what SIMPLE thing am i not thinking of.  passthru sends it direct to the
browser no allowing any manipulation... exec only displays the last line of
output.

sample ways i have tried all appended into one php script.

<?PHP
$test=passthru(route);
echo $test;

exec(route);

nl2br(system(route));
ereg_replace("(\r\n|\n|\r)", "<br />", system(route));
str_replace("\n","<br>",system(route));
?>