University Crest

[wlug] a very simple php question that just has my brain stumped.

Orion Edwards orion@c...
Wed Mar 12 22:35:06 NZDT 2003

`route`
just like in perl

:-)

-----Original Message-----
From: kyle carter [mailto:kyle@f...]
Sent: Wednesday, 12 March 2003 10:29 p.m.
To: wlug
Subject: [wlug] a very simple php question that just has my brain
stumped.

ok.. php question
all i want to do is display the output of the route command on a
webpage...
now this is what i thought would be VERY simple in php, however im just
not
thinking about it right im sure.
nl2br(passthru(route));   i thought would be about all i needed so far i
can
get the results using various methods, however none of them allows me to
use
nl2br to make it display nice on a html page (convert all the \n to

what SIMPLE thing am i not thinking of.  passthru sends it direct to the

browser no allowing any manipulation... exec only displays the last line
of
output.

sample ways i have tried all appended into one php script.

<?PHP
$test=passthru(route);
echo $test;

exec(route);

nl2br(system(route));
ereg_replace("(\r\n|\n|\r)", "<br />", system(route));
str_replace("\n","<br>",system(route));
?>